Title: Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Waltham, MA
Entasis Therapeutics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Innoviva, Inc, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative therapies for improving patient care, including antibacterial products to treat urgent and serious infections as prioritized by the CDC and WHO. Our robust pipeline includes two late-stage programs against highest-priority pathogens: sulbactam-durlobactam (SUL-DUR) (targeting Acinetobacter infections), that is currently under FDA review for approval and zoliflodacin (targeting Neisseria gonorrhoeae) that is nearing phase III completion. Earlier stage programs include novel approaches to address a number of other unmet medical needs of hospitalized patients.
- Make impactful contributions to Entasis discovery projects through the rational design and synthesis of novel bioactive molecules
- Interpret screening data and generate testable hypotheses that advance the understanding of structure-activity relationships
- Maintain a strong laboratory presence with a high level of productivity
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Work in accordance with local safety requirements and in compliance with all company policies
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- MS in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with 5+ years of research experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern synthetic methods and techniques with demonstrated impact on research projects
- Proven track record of solving complex synthetic challenges
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of sustained contributions to the field
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude with respect to out-of-box thinking, multitasking, and willingness to learn
- Excellent writing and verbal communication; strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Experience in medicinal chemistry, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Experience working with external CROs, including project planning and prioritization of work, as well as academic/industrial collaborations
- Experience integrating structure-based drug design or computer-aided drug design into the medicinal chemistry strategy
Entasis is proud to be named one of the BEST workplaces in HealthCare and Biopharma by the Great Place to Work Institute and Fortune Magazine! https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7022538
Entasis offers a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees including health, dental, vision, 401(k), Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance, and Paid Time Off.
Entasis is an equal opportunity workplace and participates in E-Verify. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Entasis considers the health and safety of it’s employees and community a top priority. To be employed by Entasis you will be required to be fully vaccinated or to have met the legal criteria for a reasonable accommodation. If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss them with your recruiter during the application/interview process.