Title: Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Waltham, MA
Entasis Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel antibacterial products to treat urgent and serious infections as prioritized by the CDC and WHO. The innovative and robust pipeline include two late-stage programs against highest-priority pathogens - sulbactam-durlobactam (SUL-DUR) (targeting A. baumannii infections), which has completed phase III and zoliflodacin (targeting Neisseria gonorrhoeae) that is nearing phase III completion. Three additional programs in early-stage development include ETX0462 against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, ETX0282CPDP against MDR cUTIs, and NBP2 for Gram (-) infections.
- Design, synthesize, isolate, and characterize novel bioactive molecules for Entasis discovery projects
- Make impactful contributions to the medicinal chemistry plan (including analog synthesis, compound design and synthetic route identification)
- Strong laboratory presence with a high level of productivity
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Work in accordance with local safety requirements and in compliance with all company policies
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 2+ years of research experience or MS in Organic Chemistry with 8+ years of research experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern organic chemistry and synthetic techniques with demonstrated impact on research projects
- Proven track record of solving complex synthetic challenges
- Ability to successfully design and implement novel multi-step syntheses
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of sustained contributions to the field
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude with respect to out-of-box thinking, multitasking and willingness to learn and challenge status quo
- Excellent writing and verbal communication; strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Experience in medicinal chemistry, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Experience working with external CROs, including project planning and prioritization of work, as well as academic/industrial collaborations
Entasis is proud to be named one of the BEST workplaces in HealthCare and Biopharma by the Great Place to Work Institute and Fortune Magazine! https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7022538
Entasis offers a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees including health, dental, vision, 401(k), Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance, and Paid Time Off.
Entasis is an equal opportunity workplace and participates in E-Verify. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Entasis considers the health and safety of it’s employees and community a top priority. To be employed by Entasis you will be required to be fully vaccinated or to have met the legal criteria for a reasonable accommodation. If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss them with your recruiter during the application/interview process.