Title: Vice President/Senior Director, Market Access & Reimbursement
Location: Waltham, MA
Entasis Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel antibacterial products to treat urgent and serious infections as prioritized by the CDC and WHO. The innovative and robust pipeline include two late-stage programs against highest-priority pathogens - sulbactam-durlobactam (SUL-DUR) (targeting A. baumannii infections) and zoliflodacin (targeting Neisseria gonorrhoeae). Three additional programs in early-stage development include ETX0462 against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, ETX0282CPDP against MDR cUTIs, and NBP2 for Gram (-) infections.
The Head of Market Access and Reimbursement position is a key leadership role and will be responsible for providing the vision and strategic leadership needed to optimize market access, reimbursement, and profitability of SUL-DUR and the rest of the portfolio globally. This person will lead the development and execution of market access initiatives and health economic value modeling and product contracting to support brand objectives. The candidate will provide strategic support to the Commercial Organization, creating an exciting and focused team to launch and build SUL-DUR into a global brand. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop pricing, contracting and channel strategy for SUL-DUR.
- Build and lead market access and reimbursement team.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Medical, Legal and Regulatory to build and implement cogent access and health economic value strategies.
- Develop and implement impactful budget models, which support key corporate initiatives and market development efforts.
- Develop and manage Pricing Committee.
- Segment and target IDNs, hospital systems/hospitals, and alternate sites of care (burn, transplant, oncology centers and home infusion).
- Create access and reimbursement strategy for a range of inpatient and outpatient organizations.
- Generate brand pricing strategies.
- Oversee negotiations and execute agreements related to product access.
- Build capabilities to evaluate performance of contracts.
- Communicate brand and access strategy to the organization, ensuring consistency across all customer touch points. Frequent interactions and presentations with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Scope and incorporate appropriate voice of customer research and insights into strategy development and decision-making process.
- Develop and champion Entasis brand to ensure it is consistently and meaningfully represented by external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and/or evolve department operational procedures and processes that foster effective communications.
- Establish metrics and track program effectiveness and ROI.
Education, License, Certification, Or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience, with 5+ years of access executive experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology space.
- Demonstrated track record of success in the critical care / hospital area and alternate sites of care.
- Experience with product launch.
- Solid acumen around all functions that are integral to successfully evaluating potential opportunities (R&D, regulatory, commercial, financial, manufacturing, legal, etc.).
- Proven experience managing complex access/reimbursement operations processes.
- Strong understanding of related aspects of access and pricing including government pricing and DRGs
- Possess the ability and desire to measure and track performance and success of programs/initiatives.
Entasis is an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.