Title: Senior Director, Commercial Supply Chain
Location: Waltham, MA
Entasis Therapeutic is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibacterial products to treat serious infections caused by multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. Entasis’ targeted-design platform has produced a pipeline of product candidates, including durlobactam (targeting A. baumannii infections) being initiated for Phase 3 clinical trials, zoliflodacin (targeting Neisseria gonorrhoeae) being initiated for Phase 3 clinical trials, and ETX0282CPDP (targeting Enterobacteriaceae infections). Entasis is also using its platform to develop a novel class of antibiotics, non-β-lactam inhibitors of the penicillin-binding proteins (NBPs) (targeting Gram-negative infections).
The Senior Director of Commercial Supply Chain will build the supply chain function and help lead the company into its next stage toward commercialization of our products. Reporting into the Chief Pharmaceutical Sciences and Manufacturing Officer, this individual will oversee all aspects of commercial launch supply to ensure reliable, compliant, cost effective, and on-time supply of product. Candidates should have expertise in commercial supply chain operations and practices, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail with ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership with respect to Entasis’ global commercial supply chain function and disciplines including demand/supply/capacity planning, sourcing, labeling, packaging, inventory management, cold chain shipping, import/export and distribution
- Prepare for commercial launch. Work with functions to build new infrastructure to support commercialization efforts
- Establish policies, processes, procedures, and systems (technology) to support product launch and scalable commercialization efforts
- Sourcing and selection of commercial packaging suppliers, third-party logistics (3PL) vendors, and EPR systems. Contracting, setup, and management of these service providers
- Be a key interface to the commercial organization
- Contribute to contract negotiation of commercial supply agreements with strategic manufacturing, packaging and distribution partners
- Work cross-functionally to establish and oversee Entasis’ commercial sales and operations planning process (S&OP)
- Install and optimize best-in-class supplier relationship management practices with Entasis’ partners and service-providers of its commercial products
- Manage the negotiation of contracts broadly across the supply chain with established suppliers, distributors, and vendors. Ownership of the contract deliverables and obligations
- Manage vendors in the establishment of processes and systems to support compliance with the DSCSA and product serialization
- Ensure consistent, reliable, and compliant supply of commercial products in accordance with the forecast and inventory requirements, the planning assumptions, and supply budget
- Establish excellent working relationships with CMC, Quality, Commercial Operations, Legal and Finance functions and forge integrated ways of working to efficiently manage and report on the flow of product, information, and cash
- Advanced degree in Science, Business, Supply Chain Management, or related fields
- APICS certification preferred: CSCP and/or CPIM
- Minimum 15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Minimum 10 years of global commercial supply chain experience and leadership
- Experience managing supply chains across a broad range of drug product types
- Demonstrated success having built a supply chain function in support of a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated success installing new capabilities and infrastructure in support of the company’s first product launch and overall commercialization efforts
- Successful new product introduction/launch experience
- Experience building, coaching, and developing teams of supply chain professionals
- Strong Leadership skills. Able to represent the company externally and the Supply Chain function internally at the highest levels.
- Extensive knowledge of regulated manufacturing, GMP, GDP and quality systems
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving ability and sound judgement ability
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with executive-level management
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word).