Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Waltham, MA
This newly created position will be a key Finance department member ensuring accurate and timely preparation and recording of transactions in the General Ledger, Payroll, and Accounts Payable functions. The candidate will support the monthly close by booking journal entries and preparing supporting documentation. The role requires a solid accounting background combined with strong analytical skills.
- Full ownership of payroll, accounts payable, and the expense report processing functions.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll process utilizing ADP system along with corresponding month end journal entries and reconciliations and annual W-2 reporting processing.
- Serve as the primary contact for payroll-related questions, concerns and inquiries.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for payroll related matters such as new hires, terminations, raises, benefits, and change of status.
- Responsible for vendor payable processing from receipt of invoices to payment: prepares vouchers and approved invoices for payment; processes payments in a timely manner; prepares Form 1099s annually.
- Serve as accounts payable liaison to customers, vendors, and government entities; provide timely responses to telephone and written inquiries.
- Prepare monthly journal entries & reconciliations ensuring appropriate supporting documentation.
- Support government grant accounting.
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with controls in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provide support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3 years of relevant experience
- CPA or CPA track, with 2+ years public accounting and/or industry experience (ideally in a pharmaceutical or life sciences setting) and a knowledge of GAAP and controls
- Working knowledge of accounting, payroll & expense reporting systems, ADP Workforce Now and Concur a plus
- 2 years of experience in a corporate payroll department
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- High level of professionalism and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Willingness to adjust schedule during peak periods