Title: Assistant Controller
Location: Waltham, MA
Entasis Therapeutic is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibacterial products to treat serious infections caused by multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. Entasis’ targeted-design platform has produced a pipeline of product candidates, including ETX2514SUL (targeting A. baumannii infections) being initiated for Phase 3 clinical trials, zoliflodacin (targeting Neisseria gonorrhoeae) being initiated for Phase 3 clinical trials, and ETX0282CPDP (targeting Enterobacteriaceae infections). Entasis is also using its platform to develop a novel class of antibiotics, non-β-lactam inhibitors of the penicillin-binding proteins (NBPs) (targeting Gram-negative infections).
Entasis is currently seeking an Assistant Controller. In this newly created position, the Assistant Controller will support the Sr. Director, Corporate Controller in overseeing all areas of general accounting including the month-end close, accounts payable and payroll processes. The successful candidate must have public company experience running a quarter-end close process to meet filing deadlines and be familiar with implementing and ensuring compliance with SOX controls.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Prepare & review monthly journal entries & reconciliations ensuring appropriate supporting documentation.
- Assist with preparation of monthly R&D accruals.
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, Proxy).
- Point of contact for external quarterly reviews and audit process.
- Review payroll processing (semi-monthly) and W-2 reporting requirements.
- Manage 3rd party payroll provider vendor relationship with ADP.
- Oversee accounts payable operations ensuring appropriate processes are in place.
- Manage 3rd party expense report software vendor relationship with Concur.
- Develop standards, policies and SOPs in support of key business processes.
- Develops, maintains and ensures ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and internal control documentation.
- Assist with the completion of tax related filings and projects.
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation to maximize system capabilities.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5+ years of combined public accounting and public biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and managing a quarter-end close & public company reporting process
- Life science industry experience particularly experience with accounting for collaborations and clinical accruals
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience working with mid-size to large ERP systems
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Willingness to adjust schedule during peak periods
What Entasis Has to Offer!
Entasis is located in the beautiful and state of the art, Boston Biohub Incubator in Waltham, MA!
Entasis offers a competitive benefits package including Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO options, Health Savings Accounts with employer contributions, Dental, Vision, 401K plan plus employer match, wellness program, on-site massage/Zumba, Boston Sports Club discounted membership, on-site leagues including our own volleyball team, two catered lunches weekly and a social every Friday afternoon plus much more!
Please learn more by visiting our corporate website at http://www.entasistx.com/
Follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/entasis-therapeutics/
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Entasistx