Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Waltham, MA
This newly created position will assist the Sr. Director, Corporate Controller in overseeing all areas of general accounting including the month-end close, accounts payable and payroll processes. The successful candidate must have public company experience running a quarter-end close process to meet filing deadlines and be familiar with implementing and ensuring compliance with SOX controls.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Prepare & review monthly journal entries & reconciliations ensuring appropriate supporting documentation.
- Assist with preparation of monthly R&D accruals.
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, Proxy).
- Point of contact for external quarterly reviews and audit process.
- Review payroll processing (semi-monthly) and W-2 reporting requirements.
- Manage 3rd party payroll provider vendor relationship with ADP.
- Oversee accounts payable operations ensuring appropriate processes are in place.
- Manage 3rd party expense report software vendor relationship with Concur.
- Develop standards, policies and SOPs in support of key business processes.
- Develops, maintains and ensures ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures and internal control documentation.
- Assist with the completion of tax related filings and projects.
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation to maximize system capabilities.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5+ years of combined public accounting and public biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and managing a quarter-end close & public company reporting process
- Life science industry experience particularly experience with accounting for collaborations and clinical accruals
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience working with mid-size to large ERP systems
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Willingness to adjust schedule during peak periods