Title: Associate Director, Technical Accounting & External Reporting
Location: Waltham, MA
Associate Director, Technical Accounting & External Reporting
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Corporate Controller, this newly created position provides technical accounting support to the organization and is responsible for the preparation, review and filing of public documents and correspondence with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. This role is also responsible for all aspects of the Company’s compliance efforts related to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting. The ideal candidate will be a certified public accountant with a recent blend of both Big 4/large regional CPA firm as well as public company reporting experience.
- Ensure accurate and timely submissions of all required SEC filings including, but not limited to: 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements and 8-Ks.
- Prepare and/or review financial and non-financial information that is distributed to investors and others, including quarterly earnings releases.
- Lead technical accounting research and evaluation in a variety of areas, work cross functionally to ensure appropriate treatment and prepare memos and analysis supporting conclusions.
- Monitor, interpret and implement new accounting standards, as applicable.
- Contribute to the preparation of Audit Committee and /or Board of Directors materials.
- Assist in the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance development effort and the ongoing maintenance and evaluation of controls and related documentation.
- Drive internal process improvements and continually identify opportunities for automation to maximize system capabilities.
- Responsible for stock compensation and equity accounting, including stock-based compensation, expense calculation and assumption development.
- Administer the Company’s stock option and employee stock purchase plans.
- Oversee Section 16 ownership reporting process, including filings of Forms 3, 4 & 5.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 8+ years of combined public accounting and public biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry accounting experience
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to independently research accounting literature and interpret guidance to support conclusions
- Life science industry experience
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Experience working with mid-size to large ERP systems
- Knowledge of Equity Compensation and proficiency with E*Trade, Equity Edge Online and Computershare are valuable but not required